Vendors & Owners Information
What you need to know
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if the yearling I am interested in is eligible?
The 'Racing Post Yearling Bonus' logo on the catalogue page denotes eligibility for the scheme. You can also check the list on this website. To complete eligibility the purchaser must pay £350 by 15 December.
What if I intend to race my horse outside Britain and Ireland - is it worth me registering ?
Yes, the bonuses are allocated to selected maiden races throughout Europe. The more yearlings a market imports the more races will have bonuses allocated and the greater your chance of winning.
I have bought a horse privately - how do I know if it fully paid up for the scheme ?
You can check on the eligibility list on this website.
Owners/Trainers - how do I know which races have the bonus attached ?
They will be appear in the GB/Irish Racing authority websites with the logo - in addition they will appear in the race conditions with the logo in the printed calendars. The updated lists throughout the year will be available on this site.
GUIDE TO THE YEARLING BONUS SCHEME
- A stimulus package for the Yearling Sales in GB and Ireland initiated in 2009 as an ownership incentive scheme
- Open to every yearling catalogued in a yearling or mixed sale in GB and Ireland between 1 August and 10 December 2011 (must not have been offered for sale abroad previously)
- Initial registration fee of £200 per yearling (same fee as 2011 scheme)
- Second vendor payment of £200 deducted from sale proceeds (same fee as 2011)
- Owners contribution of £350 per yearling payable by 17 December 2012, or supplementary fee of £1,000 if paid by 15 March 2013 (see Owner registration form)
- Yearlings withdrawn, not sold or bought in can be fully registered for the scheme with a payment of £550 by 17 December 2012, or supplementary fee of £1,250 if paid by 15 March 2013 (see Vendor/Owner registration form)
- Sales company contribution is £25 per catalogued eligible (except for withdrawn horses) and a further £25 per eligible horse sold.
- Bonus of £10,000 paid to the Owner of an eligible winner of a selected maiden
- Maidens to be selected proportionately and will be paid out in GB, Ire and selected European countries
- Over £2.7 million fund achieved in 2009 and 2010 allowing for 270 bonuses to be paid out.
- Registration Forms must be signed in order to authorise the sales deduction
- Payment / or payment instruction must accompany the form
- Part payments for yearlings are not accepted
- It is strongly advised that all applications are for yearlings that are REGISTERED with Weatherbys.
- Forms and payment must be received by the deadlines or your entry will not be logo’d in the catalogue.